METAL Registration Now Open
The Florida Diabetes Alliance, Inc & ADCES South FL Jointly Invite YOU to Attend, And Celebrate National Diabetes Month with an Educational VIRTUAL Webinar!
METAL: “Metabolic syndrome: Evidence-based Treatments Addressing Lifestyle therapies”
Friday, Nov. 3, 2023, 12:00 pm-2:00 pm EST
METAL Registration is FREE For FDA, Inc. and ADCES Members!
Only $20.00 for Non-Members ($10 for Retired/Student Attendees)
AGENDA: There will be an FDA, Inc. Business Meeting at 11:00 a.m. prior to METAL
- 12:00 pm -1:00 pm – Metabolic Syndrome: Diagnosis and Treatment – Karen S. Fiano, Pharm.D., BCACP
- 1:00 pm -2:00 pm – Metabolic Syndrome Prevention Panel Discussion
- Expert Panelists Include:
- Edward L. Clark II, DrPH, MSW – Panel Facilitator and Topic Expert on National Diabetes Prevention Program (Director DPP, FL)
- Lifestyle Interventions for Prevention – Kelsey Christian, MPH, CHES, CPH
- Motivational Interviewing for Effective Communication – Bruce A. Berger, PhD
2.0 CEU’s PENDING For: Nurses, Dietitians, Pharmacists, Social Workers, Certified Diabetes Care and Education Specialists (2.0 CEUs applied for with ADCES)
- If you aren’t a member of either organization, consider Joining ADCES and/or Florida Diabetes Alliance, Inc.
- Florida Diabetes Alliance Application at Membership Application – Florida Diabetes Alliance
- Association of Diabetes Care and Education Specialists – www.diabeteseducator.org
Registrants will receive information prior to the event date with information on how to connect to the METAL Webinar on Nov. 3.
NOTE: Immediately preceding METAL: The Florida Diabetes Alliance, Inc. Will hold their Annual Business Meeting at 11:00a.m… Learn more about FDA, Inc. and Membership Benefits. Additional information will be sent to members shortly.