The mission of the Florida Diabetes Alliance is to coordinate resources to improve systems for diabetes prevention and care throughout Florida.
- Opportunity to engage with other individuals and organizations that want to promote quality care and education for people with diabetes or are at risk for diabetes
- Support community partnerships that improve systems of care and prevention for diabetes
- Keep abreast of the latest information regarding diabetes advocacy, care and education
- Participate in the Alliance initiatives or committees
Areas of Interest
Some of the areas of interest for you to volunteer are professional education, diabetes self-management education, diabetes prevention, advocacy. Examples of some of the activities are listed below, although other initiatives are always possible:
- Diabetes Education Forum planning committee
- Diabetes Self-Management Education Mentoring
- Marketing and Membership committee
- Diabetes Prevention
- Diabetes in Schools
Membership in the Alliance is required to participate in any of our activities. To join our efforts, please complete our Alliance Volunteer Application.