Advocacy plays a large part in the Florida Diabetes Alliance mission. We are currently compiling information on how to become an advocate for diabetes in Florida. Please check back soon for updates!
Until the Alliance develops specific strategies around our advocacy role, the following links will provide important information related to advocacy issues around DSMES or Prevention.
- Consensus Statement on U.S. Health Care Reform for People with Diabetes (November 2020)
- Diabetes Self-Management Training Nurses and Pharmacists
- Telehealth Request
- Diabetes Advocacy Alliance
- American Diabetes Association Diabetes Care
- Request to Temporarily Waive Restrictions Related to the Diabetes Self-Management Training Benefit in Response to COVID-19 Pandemic
- Florida Health: Diabetes Self Management and Support
- Florida Health: Current Projects